Cryamore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Cryamore livestream Over. Some impressions on the livestream in first post

3 posters

Go down

UPDATE: Cryamore livestream Over. Some impressions on the livestream in first post Empty UPDATE: Cryamore livestream Over. Some impressions on the livestream in first post

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 am

Some notes from the livestream
- UPDATE: I forgot previously that the developers mentioned that there would be a huge penalty if you changed weapons from say a sword to a spear so it will be interesting to see how this system works out as you have to choose which type of weapon you are going to stay with instead of constantly changing weapon types an incurring a significant penalty for doing this.
-Aivi played a few great pieces of music from the game, she mentioned one of the games she was most inspired with was Zelda
-The developers Rob and Alan created the design document for the game over one evening
-Rob mentioned the art style was inspired by Capcom, Wild Arms game
-Upcoming test build build will include more than 1 mob, sound effects, water animation, Hud, GUI, a new mob with examples of Ai and some abilities
-The story well be lighthearted but with several dark moments and a serious storyline, so a balance of humor and a serious storyline is expected
-Space Cryamore is the teams favorite Cryamore
-Game should take a minimum of 12 hours but could take a lot more time with building up all your levels, finding everything, doing all sidequests, mini games
-They are taking player feedback from testing the builds to improve the game
-An official Nostallgi Cryamore forum will be available soon where test builds will be made available as well as where you can leave comments

Last edited by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 12 times in total
Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder
Grandmaster Ghilcrest Cryatist

https://cryamore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Cryamore livestream Over. Some impressions on the livestream in first post Empty Re: UPDATE: Cryamore livestream Over. Some impressions on the livestream in first post

Post by Alyssa - Water Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Yay, I'm so excited you'll be posting what they are going to say because depending on the time I probably won't be able to be part of it. I work weird schedules so my sleep schedule bounces all over the place.
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Apprentice Ghilcrest Cryatist

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Cryamore livestream Over. Some impressions on the livestream in first post Empty Re: UPDATE: Cryamore livestream Over. Some impressions on the livestream in first post

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 pm

I hope to be there and I hope that it is a time that I can watch it as we need to represent the OotGC at the livestream. So I will do my best to post any new tidbits that they release.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyssa - Water Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:04 pm

As I said depending on the time I may or may not be able to join. I'm sure someone out of the 7 current members will be able to attend! Very Happy I just didn't expect a report, which is exciting for everyone who may miss it!
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Alyssa - Water Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:10 pm

-Actually we have a new 8th member that just joined us, 8- Mogepy -OotGC Secret Element Wielder
-I am looking forward to the livestream and whatever they have planned for us. I hope it is a good one.
-Of course I understand as well if you can't make it. I may not be able to either if they do it early when most people are work so I hope it is later in the evening when most are off work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyssa - Water Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Ohhh, nice an 8th member! Very Happy I'm looking forward to any update from NostalgiCO to be honest. xD I get so excited, then get kind of sad because it's still such a wait until 2014!
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Alyssa - Water Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:22 pm

I know how you feel having to wait for the final release of the game in 2014 but I hope between now and then NostalgiCo will keep us busy with test builds and information on all various parts of the game they have yet to reveal that hopefully might make the wait more bearable. I don't like waiting at all but hopefully the wait will be worth it in the end. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyssa - Water Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Oh I KNOW it will be worth the wait! Very Happy It's beyond exciting in my opinion. It's just I get antsy waiting for anything so ya...I typically become unbearably annoying. xD I keep telling my mom and sister about how much we've raised and their reply is always, "It's hard for me to get excited about that." or "Omg who the hell cares?" xD Supportive family huh?
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Alyssa - Water Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:35 pm

I would suspect that they are not Kickstarter fans or even gamers so I would understand completely as I get the same responses if I tell others. Very Happy
That is why I wanted to have the OotGC and a forum so we could share our love of the game with other Cryamore backers.

What worries me though affraid is that I have all this excitement for the game that I just don't want to be disappointed. I guess I always feel this way when I put lots of work into something and can't stop thinking about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyssa - Water Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:40 pm

No I told them I joined Kickstarter and they thought it was some soccer club! Haha! It was quite humourous!

I typically get worried too, I mean I was sooooo pumped for Final Fantasy XIII, and was rather let down by it. I'm also excited for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed too. (That and they haven't even given a release date!! Sad ) But I don't know why, I'm not worried about this one at all. I just have complete faith in it. Razz
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Alyssa - Water Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:44 pm

Wow, funny indeed, a soccer club! Laughing Faith in this project is definitely needed as it is a year away but everything I have seen makes me believe these people can produce a quality game. I hope as they let us test the game it will develop into something memorable because there are not many games that you always remember and not forget. I hope the new FF is good as I have not played one in awhile as I guess somewhere along the line I did not like the direction they were going with the series. i hope that they have gotten better! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyssa - Water Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 pm

I hope they get better as well. FF definitely needs a redemption game, and soon. I'm hoping that FF Verus XIII will be it. The battle system is supposed to have a lot of qualities of Kingdom Hearts (A game I adore), so I'm hoping it will be an improvement.

Yes, I believe that with the team NostalgiCO put together, that the game will be amazing.
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Alyssa - Water Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks for mentioning FF Verus XIII since I did not know about it. i will look into it and since you mention it will have qualities of games like Kingdom heart, a game that I adore as well, it will at least be worth checking some information on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyssa - Water Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Man you're lucky then. I first heard about FF Versus XIII in 06 and have been waiting for a simple release date ever since! xD
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Alyssa - Water Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:53 pm

That is a long time to be waiting for the game indeed but at least it will be out this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyssa - Water Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:55 pm

FF Versus? To my knowledge there still hasn't even been a release date. I think that's why I'm so easy going with the year wait for Cryamore...I've been waiting for years for this one to even have a release date! Razz
Alyssa - Water Wielder
Alyssa - Water Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Oh, I guess I thought there was already a release date for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan - Shadow Wielder Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Art inspired by Wild ARMS? Really? Anyways, a played little bit of Wild ARMS 3. I'll start playing it again since I just finally got Dragon Age of out the way.

Last edited by Bryan - Shadow Wielder on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan - Shadow Wielder
Bryan - Shadow Wielder
Novice Ghilcrest Cryatist
Novice Ghilcrest Cryatist

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric-(OotGC) Fire Wielder Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm

@Bryan
Yes, it does seem that they took their inspiration from so many different types of games and I do believe they were inspired by the art styles in Wild Arms when creating Cryamore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down